It is an industry which has seen angry birds destroy pigs, ninjas destroy fruit and words destroy friends and it is growing so quickly that it is expected to double by 2016.
This weeks infographic comes courtesy of Business Degree and illustrates the impressive numbers behind the rise of mobile gaming industry.
The Vancouver Gaming Industry
Over the past couple of years Vancouver has established itself as a hub for digital talent. Companies such as Electronic Arts and United Front Games have large offices here in Vancouver and recently it was announced that Pacman game maker Namco Bandai Studios will be opening a game development studio in Vancouver in June 2013.
Live tweeting from the State of the Video Game Industry discussion
Look for our post, here on our blog, later on in the week where we will recap some of the key takeaways from the event.
- 64% of mobile users play games on their mobile phones daily - TWEET THIS
- iPhone users spend 14.7 hours per month gaming vs Android who only spend 9.3 hours - TWEET THIS
- 31% of users play games on their mobile in bed vs 11% play in the bathroom - TWEET THIS
- 93% of mobile game apps downloaded are paid for - TWEET THIS
- Angry Birds makes $6 million per month from ads - TWEET THIS
- The mobile app Draw Something was downloaded 50 million times in 50 days - TWEET THIS
- 50% of mobile gamers learn about new games from friends and family - TWEET THIS